Learn more about the benefits of Blu-ray Disc and Ultra HD Blu-ray
You now have more choice than ever before over how you watch your favorite movies and TV shows. Read on to learn more about the new Ultra HD Blu-ray format, as well as Full HD Blu-ray Discs.
Why Ultra HD Blu-ray?
Ultra HD Blu-ray sets a new standard for Ultra High Definition picture and audio quality in the home. With four times the resolution of 1080p Full HD, High Dynamic Range for striking contrast, more intense color and uncompressed sound, Ultra HD Blu-ray is the ultimate movie watching experience.
With Ultra HD Blu-ray, you’ll experience a sharper, clearer image than ever before; a greater range of brighter, more vivid colors; smoother, more realistic motion and uncompressed, immersive surround sound. And don’t worry about your existing disc collection – your Ultra HD Blu-ray player will also play all of your existing Blu-ray Discs and most Ultra HD Blu-ray players will also play DVDs.
Ultra HD Blu-ray content is also commonly marketed as 4K UHD.
Benefits of Ultra HD Blu-ray
Introducing Ultra HD Blu-ray – the new standard for ultra high definition picture and audio quality in the home
- The DC TV Universe goes from strength to strength with Supergirl Season 3, hitting Blu-ray this September. Check o… https://t.co/wL9jygaTdryesterday
- #ComingSoon to @BlurayReporter - "Where danger lies beneath the surface... there's only one person to call..."… https://t.co/3RTy7P3tHH2 days ago
- #DidYouKnow the phrase “old sport” is said 55 times during The Great Gatsby (2013). https://t.co/eys2rJIZe02 days ago
- "A 29-year old female diagnosed with acute schizo-effective disorder believes that a machine called 'The Terminato… https://t.co/FTwKwM3ZQZ2 days ago
- Attention Jackie Chan fans! Remastered versions of Police Story and Police Story 2 are on their way to Blu-ray this… https://t.co/GwhoxSAmUh3 days ago