Learn more about the benefits of Blu-ray Disc and Ultra HD Blu-ray
You now have more choice than ever before over how you watch your favorite movies and TV shows. Read on to learn more about the new Ultra HD Blu-ray format, as well as Full HD Blu-ray Discs.
Why Ultra HD Blu-ray?
Ultra HD Blu-ray sets a new standard for Ultra High Definition picture and audio quality in the home. With four times the resolution of 1080p Full HD, High Dynamic Range for striking contrast, more intense color and uncompressed sound, Ultra HD Blu-ray is the ultimate movie watching experience.
With Ultra HD Blu-ray, you’ll experience a sharper, clearer image than ever before; a greater range of brighter, more vivid colors; smoother, more realistic motion and uncompressed, immersive surround sound. And don’t worry about your existing disc collection – your Ultra HD Blu-ray player will also play all of your existing Blu-ray Discs and most Ultra HD Blu-ray players will also play DVDs.
Ultra HD Blu-ray content is also commonly marketed as 4K UHD.
Benefits of Ultra HD Blu-ray
Introducing Ultra HD Blu-ray – the new standard for ultra high definition picture and audio quality in the home
- #ThursdayTrivia: Which 2003 film did #SamRockwell and #BruceMcGill star in prior to their performance in… https://t.co/ZTc4NOugpd3 days ago
- Can you identify the actor (in a pink suit) in this image, and which film it's from, coming to @BlurayReporter on J… https://t.co/hLuC58WM0I4 days ago
- Things Are About To Get Hairy. A brave adventurer stumbles upon a mysterious creature who needs to find his way bac… https://t.co/yAm6HXdTPk4 days ago
- @BlurayReporter #TuesdayTrivia: Which film did #AmySeimetz perform in which earned her the role in #PetSematary, co… https://t.co/nLdvvFUvjS5 days ago
- #OnThisDay in 2001, the premiere of The Fast and The Furious took place. The rest is movie history. With Hobbs & Sh… https://t.co/6Dwa73JDhJ5 days ago