In the vein of classic coming-of-age films like Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club, The Edge of Seventeen is a poignant and hilarious look at what it’s like to be a teenager today. Growing up is hard, and life is no easier for Nadine (Hailee Steinfeld, Pitch Perfect 2), who is already at peak awkwardness when her best friend Krista (Haley Lu Richardson, Ravenswood) begins dating her all-star brother Darian (Blake Jenner, Glee). All at once, Nadine feels more alone than ever. With the help of her reluctant sounding-board (Woody Harrelson, True Detective), she soon discovers that what feels like the end of the world may just be the beginning of growing up. Also starring Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer), see the movie critics are calling “an instant high school movie classic” (Dave Ehrlich, IndieWire).
More new releases
- What if #Superman never existed? Two generations before the destruction of Superman's home planet, his grandfather… https://t.co/7iIXYtPbkb22 hours ago
- "So what difference does it make, whether it's 20 minutes or 20 years, since neither amounts to the faintest echo… https://t.co/ySpX2VXNFAyesterday
- Calling all #MammaMia fans! We're giving away a copy of #mammamia2 Here We Go Again on #Bluray to one lucky winner.… https://t.co/RD9y28dwIUyesterday
- “Whatever you’ve gotten him into… he’s going to figure it out eventually…. I hope you’re ready for that.” #KinMovie… https://t.co/S01wYFN3Xq2 days ago
- “For awhile I was feeling really lonely… that loneliness that you have even in a crowded room… but I don’t feel it… https://t.co/Zs4P6MyvJT3 days ago